Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Technology!

Can you believe it? Apparently hell has frozen over because Kara is now the proud owner of a cell phone. Yup, and it only took two weeks of little amoebas and bacterium partying in my intestines while my meds sat waiting for me to convince me that maybe being able to get ahold of me in village is a good idea. Not that I can always get phone reception. I have to climb a hill in town and cross my fingers and pray to the cellulaire gods and check (it's available about 1 out of every 3 or 4 days). But whatever, I'm already a fan of text messaging, though I'm as slow at it as a grandma.

Christmas was good, though each year after moving out of my parents' house I have progressively given it less and less meaning. But I made some tasty traditional Christmas guacamole and hung out with some other volunteers as well as various others in Bobo, the nation's second-largest city. New Year's shall be spent in the great Sahelian city of Djibo with other fellow northerners. Looking forward to it.

Can't think of much else to say. Have a great New Year's everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home