Monday, September 19, 2005

Too much of a good thing?

Yup, still in Ouaga. My new boss is absolutely incredible and has arranged for my buds and me to have a 4 day French frenzy. So I got back into that mindset this morning, while trying to remember what subjunctive verbs are and how I will ever use them. My confidence in my French abilities is much like my confidence in all other areas of my life: unnecessarily low with amusing peaks thrown in to keep me happy and trudging ahead.

Ouaga's great to be in except for some reason all my cuts keep getting really infected. And if you know me, you have an idea of how many open wounds I can create for myself in a day. Why just yesterday I gashed my feet on a door. Don't ask me how, but it happened. So I'm starting to get antsy to get back to village because I'm sick of being covered in bandaids and also the school year is approaching and I find myself with no lesson plans.

My relationship with the 11 other members of my training class, or stage as they say in the Frenchy, has really solidified this week. These are definitely the people that will keep me sane here. We celebrated our 6 month anniversary with a sextuplet date at a nice pizza restaurant and a rousing game of "First Impression Spin-the-Bottle" where we admitted our immediate judgements of each other way back in Philly. We all dressed up in costume which was fun, but I really hope those pictures don't make it onto the internet (HINT HINT guys!).

Alright, well, the writing bug really isn't biting me too much today (unlike the mosquitos), so I'll call it a day for now. Ciao.

1 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kara, it's so good to read about how you're doing. I do hope I will get to see you again someday. Take care of yourself!!

-Andy Pastalaniec

PS- I'm the music director and a picture from your going-away party still graces our computer desktop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home