Saturday, June 25, 2005

The Gourmet Burkina

YAY!! The gods smiled and me and said "Kara, you may now cook." Yep, I gots me a shiny new gas stove and have been cooking up a storm. Okra, eggplant, spaghetti... Life is good once again. So yeah, I've been in a much sunnier disposition lately with my stomach full and my body hard at work. Yep, I've been doing a bit of farming with my host family. Everyone that passes by our field and sees me at work in the field is completely amazed. It's hard work but it feels good. Feels just like being back in the garden at Ag Effort. Except this time I'm farming millet with a tool not quite like a hoe. My family's field is 3k from the house and I have to cross the lake to get there, so even getting to the field sometimes feels like an accomplishment sometimes.

I've been spending my days stretching, reading (a ton!), chatting it up with the school director's wife and little bro, cooking, birdwatching, practicing my Irish dancing and knitting. It's not bad. Feels a lot like that month I spent in Davis when I had no work or school minus all the alcohol.

Right now I am in my regional capital of Kongoussi and having a marvelous time. I just ordered furniture for my house so that's good too. Oh and heres my new address for letters:

Kara Tierney,PCV
s/c CEG de Bourzanga
BP 270 Bam
Burkina Faso

Hope to hear from you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home