Thursday, December 22, 2005

It's that special time of the year

Woohoo! Winter vacation. Two weeks with no school and no definite plans. I finished up my time at school with 4 tests last week. That means I graded almost 200 tests in 2 days and I have 75 more waiting for me when I got back. Fun fun.

I had originally planned on going to Ghana for break, but that kinda fell through and so now I have a void of two weeks that I'm having fun filling up. I'm just taking things one day at a time to see where I end up. The past couple days I detoured to Ouahiguoya with my neighbor Chris to visit Giorgio, the volunteer there. We had some good times that included a LOT of good food and some Simpsons and Sealab viewings, as well as breaking in a new super cheap-o Burkinabe blender. It sounds like I'll be heading to Bobo tomorrow and from there I'm not sure, but I know good times will be had.

In other news, I'm glad to hear the good ol' MSU men's basketball team is kickin' some ass this year. Can't believe I have to miss THREE tourneys while here. (Insert pitiful violin music.) I sincerely think THAT has been my largest sacrifice in coming here. Hope you all enjoy the games. Eat some barfood for me.... GO STATE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home