Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Final Countdown!!!

** Cue the power ballad of same name by Europe **

Yes, kiddies, the time is near and it's true... Kara's coming home!! The big day is June 27, so mark your calandars. I'll be flying into Flint so get your beerguts and unemployment checks in gear! (Just kidding... kinda...)

Life's going crazy fast for me these days. My host family and I are kinda in a daze. I only have 3 weeks left living with them after 2 whole years and it's a bit surreal. School is also just a trip now as I have one test and one quiz on Monday and then THAT'S IT as far as grades are concerned. Wow. It's so exciting and yet so daunting all at once.

The hot season's at full blast these days ( it's literally 110 degrees in my house) so my village activities have mainly consisted in reading, teaching or chatting all while wallowing in a pool of my own sweat. But one good thing this year is the addition of a new cash crop in my village: tomatoes! Tomatoes are stupidly cheap due to new exporting to Ghana (to get canned then ironically sold back up north in BF), so about 20 cents buys a grocery bag full. Remember when I hated tomatoes? Kiss those days goodbye!! Just the other day I had an awesome American-style dinner of homemade Cream of Tomato soup (made with powdered milk and Bourzanga tomatoes) and grilled cheese (made with "village bread" and French processed cheese imported from Djibo). It was AWESOME!! Sigh, I love food.

I guess that's about it. Next time you hear from me, I'll have moved out of Bourzanga FOREVER. Whoa.

Oh, and seriously doods, I want to travel around the US of A when I get back and I'm looking for people to visit and couches to sleep on, so let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home